Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Caught by surprise

I know, I know you guys missed me! Hahaha. It's been a toxic 2-3 weeks but I'm still alive and kicking. I would have blogged about the things that transpired, but then I'll be always woozy from lack of sleep. I'm guilty that this stress is just the consequence of my procrastination and I have to do something about it, maybe next week.... hahaha!

There have been a lot of wonderful little surprises over the past 2 weeks, not just for me but for my friends too (this Sunday's gospel about the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fish being aptly so). Two Fridays ago, I was able to submit my thesis proposal to the department chair with just five minutes to spare after sprinting from the photocopier at UM all the way to Andrew Hall in maybe 7 minutes (think half the distance of one LRT station to another). Man, THAT WAS A WORKOUT! Good thing Bianca gave me a ride from Alabang to Makati to conserve my energy. Otherwise I wouldn't have made it. So now I'm waiting for my proposal defense schedule which may come out the next week. It's time for me to get rid of the mountain of paper and books on my bedroom floor.

Monday night was CC time at Trish's place in Valero Street. Twas nice to see a lot of SE13 again! We can't get enough of each other that before we knew it, it was already midnight and we surprised Shep Sons with food and cake care of Ira of course, and we gave him this hilarious picture of him in a Darth Vader costume (complete with a glowing light saber) and Ira in a pretty Snow White costume) which we specifically instructed to display in their future home in Singapore (incidentally, that Halo-ween night he was made to read the gospel and he didn't take off the mask until he can't breathe anymore hahahaha). That brought the house down.

Of course Gian, who was one of the perpetrators of Shep Sons' surprise, was surprised herself. We presented her with 5 big boards full of birthday greetings from SE13 and other SE classes, which was originally MC's idea. So glad to see how her face lit up then :)

I thought the day was over at around 1am when Peejo and I were dropped off at the ATC parking lot. He opened Pat's trunk to give me these:



He said he just wanted to give me flowers to show how much he appreciates me doing good things for him and other people :) My heart melted again. The bouquet was really big! He even wore pink that day to match it hehehe! Sigh. He really is my Good Karma :)

Wait! There's more!
- Thursday night we were at Worship practice, and they don't usually do this for the new members, but we'll be singing with Praise at the prayer meeting tonight! Woohoo!!!
- Seriously contemplating about losing weight. Peejo and I vowed to jog Wednesday afternoons and just gorge on hefty apple-ham-cheese sandwiches when we get hungry (which is all the time). Was able to work out 3 times this week which is already a big improvement for me. Hoping I can keep up with it til December!!!

No comments: