Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Sick thoughts

Of course that's not what I meant! For the whole month of August I was feeling lethargic and I finally caught the flu last Friday with a very irritating and noisy cough that started bugging me 2 weeks ago I think. All this because I wasn't getting enough sleep when I should be all the more because I got into running and Neil's dance moves has gotten a bit more challenging pa. Tigas kasi ng ulo ko eh! Things I realized as I was nursing myself back to health:

I am not superwoman. I've always thought of myself as a healthy person who eats right (most of the time), works out (as much as I can) and exudes with positivity, but I can only do so much. It doesn't help that I work with kids and they're always sick and I haven't been really vigilant with protecting myself against viruses. I tend to do everything even if it's not necessary, which is sometimes not healthy pala hehehe!
Sleep is very very important. I think I can only count the number of times that I got into a deep slumber for the whole month and I remember waking up very energized the next day (and I got to finish several things that other people should have done hahaha refer to number 1). For some reason I wake up several times in the middle of the night due to bad dreams, the need to pee and sometimes I can't get back to sleep. Someone's been thinking of me real bad! Hahaha! I resolve to sleep more this time. They say it helps one's metabolism, so I'm gonna give all the help it needs hahaha!
Continuous meds help a lot. Our family doesn't rely too much on meds. We believe the way to recovery is just complete rest (which I'm not getting a lot of so it's a vicious cycle lang talaga).We don't rely on doctors too unless it's REALLY necessary, and Peejo doesn't get that hahaha. Anyway, since I'm not used to getting sick, I stop taking meds when I feel a little better and that should not be the case hahaha. Ayan tuloy, tumagal pa lalo ubo ko. Might take them for the remainder of the week para sure. Mahirap na ma postpone pa defense ko on Friday (eeep! Please pray for me!)

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted a blog entry, I'm just too nervous for my defense all my thoughts are jumbled up. Maybe after I submit my revisions AFTER my defense then I'll be more relaxed.

No comments: