Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Running frenzy

I've never felt this tired in a long time. It was a total workout during street jazz class (Give It to Me by Madonna) that even Jheng chose to go home instead of working out some more afterwards. Imagine how I felt, I ran nonstop for half an hour (covering 3.794km yahoo!) and worked on my legs and abs pa before 6pm. I'm still coughing a little. When I got home, I stuffed myself with just a tuna pandesal. I hope, I hope all this pays off.

I've always thought I had weak knees and ankles that's why I'm not so much into sports. I tried surfing last year, it left me with a sore back for a month. I was into boxing for a good six months before but it eventually bored me and I realized I hate contact sports and making my own diskarte. I was never into volleyball nor basketball; swimming was promising but I didn't have the means to do it on a regular basis. I saw myself faithfully attending Neil's hiphop and street jazz classes at the gym and I realized that it was the workout for me. Together with running, I can do it by myself, I didn't need to improvise or strategize and I can work at my own pace. And more than anything, it's cool! Nowadays there's an incessant need naman to run and run and beat my distance everytime (nakakaaddict nga Lili!). I even bought new running shoes this afternoon and Peejo gave me his old Shuffle for a complete running experience hahaha!

For someone as lampa as me, it's really surprising that I was able to run nonstop twice this week! I covered 3.681km the first time and I was really proud of it. Sisiw na lang pala ang 5k run eh! Hahaha! I think it's in the playlist nga talaga. Peejo makes fun of me that I get hyped up with "Eye of the Tiger". Eh bakit ba, it makes me run longer eh! Wala nang pakialamanan! :D

Will post my favorite running music soon. This headache's acting up.

No comments: