Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting back in shape

I think I did the right thing this morning. I had a cup of coffee and a bowl of oatmeal. I packed some soup for my lunch and vowed not to eat anything in between. Hmmm so far I've been "good" although I had to have some meat in my system so I grabbed a chicken nugget. The Blue Room celebrated Noah's birthday so I had a bit of lasagna with my soup and crackers. This afternoon I may have had consumed a total handful of unshelled macadamia nuts and I can't wait to find out what's for dinner. I am psyching myself to eat fruits tonight, if I can help it. I hope Ate Josie cooks an unappealing fish dish tonight.

I think it's all in the mind when you want to lose a few pounds. Well, in my case, a considerable number. I think I gained from bingeing since March :( and all the more I felt challenged to get back in shape when I saw an old picture from my Myspace album:



Waaaah!!!!! This was taken Nov 2005 after Mia's wedding in Cavite. Why oh why am I not able to go back to the good old days?! Huhuhu! But I remember at that moment I was still feeling fat and flabby. If my old self can see me now she'd be disgusted!

So after gorging on a cheeseburger, chicken nuggets with rice, large fries, large Sprite and a hot fudge sundae (Peejo kasi eh!) AT 4PM, I vowed to work on losing weight again, this time for good (crossing fingers). And then after a few hours my mom calls us for dinner and since she took some time to prepare something for us, we ate again! You're not helping, Mom!

I think baby steps are fine, as long as I'm aware of what I put in my mouth. I hope I'll get to lose weight in time for Christmas!

No comments: