Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

In awe of The One who gave it all




*Thanks to Jolina for this shot. Amazing!*

And so I found myself last night in the confines of the Araneta Coliseum. I was still pinching myself to check if it was real because we scored tickets at the last minute (I'll forever be grateful for it)! If it was UAAP season, you'd think an Ateneo-La Salle game is about to start, with the throngs of people milling around and finding their seats. We got there a few minutes before Hillsong United belted out the opening strings. By then, the Big Dome was packed to the rafters, and it was an absolutely amazing sight to behold!

It was only during the SE13 weekend that I became familiar with their songs, and it would be difficult not to be taken by their words and melodies. That started my affinity for anything Hillsong and I found my other co-lambs liking the same songs as I do. Sometimes when I do get on a reflective mood, I listen to them and they move me to tears. How much more phenomenal is it being in the same place with these very blessed artists and thousands of people singing and worshipping with you? I was wiping tears of overwhelming joy as I listened to these words: "Heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen, show me how to love like You have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks Yours, everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause as I walk from nothing to eternity."

If only more people would let God into their lives like the people worshipping last night, if only our prayers could help the oppressed and open the eyes of the unbelievers, the world will surely be a better place for everyone. And so they posed a challenge last night, that we may become His hands and feet in bringing salvation to the rest to the world.

It was an experience too good not to share. Now I know you can never be too crazy for Jesus :)

No comments: