Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Something different

Tagaytay traffic was pretty terrible at certain times during yesterday and this morning. My parents wanted to do something different (a.k.a. burn some money) so we were whisked off to Tagaytay yesterday morning with overnight bags and no reservations. Would you believe I packed with my things the Handbook to Early Childhood Literacy in the hopes of taking down notes for my proposal? Syempre I didn't even touch it, pinabigat lang yung bag ko...

We were able to do a bit of Bisita Iglesia before reaching Tagaytay past lunchtime. Finally got a big room for the family at Villa Barretto before settling at Piccolo Mondo for some sumptuous Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad, Four Cheese and Arriabata pizza, Osso Buco and the Spinach pasta whose name I forgot. SOOOPER SARAP! A DVD of Il Divo was being played in the background (they look too old for me). Hung out at Starbucks for about an hour before heading off to church. I didn't know there'd be a mass of green leafy-tasting stuff at the bottom of the Green Tea Latte. Not a good idea to scrape it with a stirrer - yuck. Anyway, we attended the Mass of the Last Supper at 5:30 and filled our tummies with several appetizers at Leslie's - we weren't that hungry hahaha! Had a copy of The Secret on my trusty Zen and that's what we watched until we fell asleep. Now that will be a totally different blog post altogether.. watch out for that!

This morning we headed off to Caleruega after an unsatisfying breakfast at Mushroomburger (Good Friday naman, so sacrifice ko na yon). Pics from my DVD handycam and my brother's SE K800 to follow. You'll see who's the better photographer or who has the better camera hehehe. Wasn't able to visit Sonya's (my dad was getting irritable because of the heat and the traffic) and we packed our bags a little over noon to have a meatless lunch at Teriyaki Boy. I had to condition myself that I was full even if I wasn't. Naks seryosohang diet na to! (Pano ba naman, I've been stuffing myself into oblivion since the week started! Sigh.) Can't leave Tagaytay without some tarts from Rowena's! Traffic was a bit bad going to Sta. Rosa but it was all smooth from Paseo all the way home.

Now that I've done my blog ritual, there is no excuse for me not to go back to my thesis proposal again. You'll hear from me again later!

No comments: