Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Monday, March 31, 2008

On the road

On our way home from Lou Ann's house in Tagaytay, we decided to drop by a 7-Eleven to get something for our parched throats. Kirs and I both got a melon-strawberry pop and a bottle of Nestea Ice Green Tea. I opened the door of Jar's Crosswind too hard that I made a dent on the right side of the car beside us!!! It wasn't until we were all inside that I saw the driver inspect that side and was looking at us. Man, I got so scared that he might run after us and report us to the police! Shoot. I felt really guilty because I don't know what I'll say if they confront me and I didn't have any money on hand if he wanted me to pay up (it was relatively unnoticeable tho). Kasi naman, how careless of me talaga :(

We had teacher training today at our Makati branch, and I caught the shuttle to Ayala this morning. Took a trike and walked a few meters to the corner. Only then did I see that the pedestrian crossing has been covered by barbed wire, which could only mean that the pink MMDA overpass several meters away is supposedly the only way to cross Sucat Road. But it was 7:30, wasting a few more minutes walking will make me late, and I don't want to sweat it out, so just like the throng of people who wanted to make their lives a bit easier that morning, I crossed the street to get to the Ayala shuttle terminal. Sigh. What a law-abiding citizen am I.

The friendly dispatcher still remembered me and even wished me good luck with my job (how nice di ba?). He opened the door and I swear I heard him say "Bading yan," pertaining to the lesbian who's supposedly my seatmate. I wonder why he said that! Anyway, I dunno why I totally forgot to fasten my seatbelt and when I saw that the driver hooked up his as we turned right to EDSA, I was still contemplating if I should do the same when I saw him unhook it again. Huh? Is seatbelt-wearing on Metro Manila roads now totally dependent on the presence of the MMDA/traffic enforcers? Whatever happened to making sure you're driving safe? To think that Filipino drivers are one of the most ruthless in the world. But I'm really not in the position to complain you know, because I hardly touched the seatbelt myself.

No comments: