Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lists, lists, lists!

It's exactly 7 days before our much awaited advance screening of The Bucket List at Festival Mall Cinema 3. Home stretch na, yay! In this light, let me share with you some lists I've come up with and maybe I'll be sharing more as the big day nears. Honestly, this is just a lame excuse for not getting into the rest of my responsibilities right away (e.g. narratives and my thesis proposal) hahaha :)

Top 5 things that stresses me out nowadays:
5. my Globe bill that seems to increase exponentially by the month huhuhu
4. my babies' narratives and writeups
3. my February curriculum
2. my thinning cash flow and the really strong urge to fill my summer with out-of-town trips (!!!)
1. my still non-existent thesis proposal (waaaah!)


Top 10 things that make teaching the best job in the world:
10. You can make a fool of yourself anytime and the kids won't make fun of you
9. Classes (at least mine) lasts only for a few hours
8. We have a month and a half worth of vacation every year (scattered tho)
7. Extremely fun field trips!!!
6. Great gifts from really generous parents during birthdays, Christmas and Moving Up Days
5. I can go to work in flip flops and shorts (and even pambahay if you wish haha)
4. Being with kids makes you look and feel a lot younger (no lines nor crow's feet haha)
3. There's always something hilarious happening in the classroom (ab workout!)
2. Incomparable fulfillment of seeing your kids learn to speak clearly, read, write and share their stuff (makes me teary-eyed sometimes)
1. Being told "I love you" several times a day with kisses and tight hugs and knowing it's sincere! Now who needs an S.O. with that?

No comments: