Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A letter for Lian

(Sorry for this late post, but I wrote you a note that you watch out for something on my blog, so here it is :) Sorry I haven't posted the videos yet because super crappy Internet connection nowadays.)

Dear Lian,

So how's being an "adult" like, so far? :) I'm pretty sure it wasn't that overwhelming that leaves you at a loss for words. You might have even thought, "This is it?" Your explosive party was a different thing altogether, though hehehe. But then again, you've got the rest of your life ahead to figure out what to make of things like a real adult should.

I'm not writing this like a grandma who's about to impart nuggets of wisdom about life and love. For one, I'm just 10 years older than you, and definitely still feeling like a 20-year-old hahaha! Second, for all I know, we've just gone through the same amount of heart-wrenching experiences in our lifetime. The real reason? I just can't keep my hands from typing away :)

I'm blessed to have been given several opportunities to get to know you, your mom and your wonderful family. I hope you're aware how lucky you are that there are a lot of people who love you and the way you deal with different kinds of people just shows how you were admirably were brought up by your parents. It's not that common nowadays, you know. I can see you'll grow up to be a fine young woman - self-reliant, passionate, and very loving. And I can only pray for a continuous shower of blessings for you.

From one teacher to another, I feel that you're someone your future students will never forget. A lot of people in your party knew that you're going to be a good teacher and I'm pretty sure of that too. Whether you'll find work here or elsewhere, I assure you that it's a career where you'll feel most loved every single day. And I do hope that the desire to make a difference in the lives of little souls will always stay in your heart.

Thank you for all your help with the group, the happy times in your house and here's to more memories that we'll make together! I love you!

No comments: