Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Yes, I can feel it already, Father Christmas is making himself known! The throng of people in Greenhills tells you it's the time for spending, giving, receiving, eating and partying until your belly can't take it any more. It was much, much packed last weekend than today, tho. There's work again tomorrow, and I didn't even feel I had a sembreak because I had been working still. Anyhoo, it won't be me if I just rant and rant, because there are actually a lot more things to be thankful about:

1. Peejo will arrive Monday night, yay! Apart from the pasalubongs that he can't keep himself from telling me, I can't wait to see him in the flesh. I've been somewhat empty since he went on vacation, and of course there's been a lot of alone time for me. Walking at the mall and seeing something that makes you remember another thing and you just had to make kwento about it? Eating at a restaurant where we used to share a meal? Sharing my kids' funny anecdotes with someone? I didn't have that person for 3 whole weeks :( Each chat conversation I looked forward to a lot, and I struggled to remember every bit of detail but of course I can't (unless I write them down) and sometimes we ended up arguing, which messes up the mood altogether. But Tuesday we'll see each other! I can't wait!

2. I've started on my Christmas shopping! It's not a lot, but I know I'm gonna save a great deal this time. Purchased gifts for the helpers, my grandparents and a few friends. I think that's enough to keep my spirits high this season. Got myself a nice pair of gladiator sandals, a plaid top and a patent bag (matching, take note haha!). The joys of bargain shopping nga naman, keeps all my stress at bay :)

3. My BFF's got a BF! And so do my 2 girl friends from college - sorry for spilling the beans hahaha! As far as I know there are about 10 pairs who became couples this year. What's with this generation?! Humahabol ba sa Pasko?! Nakakatawa talaga. Or baka humahabol sa 2010 wedding. Eeeep. Don't look at me :)

****

I think pesto's gonna come out of my ears any day now. This week was pesto pasta week, and I don't think I want to see any green pasta in the next month or so (but did you guys know that some place is offering Laing Pasta?! I saw it on a billboard, I dunno if it's Goldilocks, and another newbie on the menu is Crispy Halo-Halo - go figure.) Wednesday I craved for Aveneto's Nut Pesto with Chicken. Friday, I had some Creamy Pesto with Chicken at Brooklyn's, and just tonight, Pesto with Salmon at Tender Bob's. The verdict? Aveneto. Their pesto's the most potent! It's like you're eating nutty moss (but the yummiest moss you'll ever taste hahaha) and the chicken was bland enough to counter the very garlicky taste. But of course, this is just me and my non-discriminating palate. I'm feeling like a pesto connoisseur now! :D

No comments: