Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Waxing nostalgic (pun intended)

I wax nostalgic when I remember my younger, carefree days - I didn't have to bother about fixing up myself because nobody notices anyway. You let your mom decide what you're going to wear and what kind of low-maintenance hairstyle you will keep (mine was the infamous apple bob back in my kindergarten year which definitely suited my very round face).

As you grow older though, the things you once thought were just "nice to have" eventually become needs. Moisturizers, facials, massages, and the supposedly ultimate test of the brave - waxing. Ask your (more conservative) moms, they'll surely be appalled by that idea and might even give you a spanking if they find out you ventured into such practice. Anyhoo, I refuse to get into details, but let's just say that it can be overrated. Relieved that I finally did it, and will probably be back for another in a month's time or so, unless I get myself a depilator.

Beach, here I come! :)

No comments: