Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Figuring it out

I was about to reapply another coat of ointment to my rashes (which are scabbing now, thank God!) when I was bitten by the blog bug again and remained in my comfortable position on the sofa. O di ba, inuna pa ang pagsulat ng blog kesa magpagaling. Anyway, since I was told to take a leave Wednesday night, I was racking my brains for reasons why I was singled out by the varicella-zoster virus at this point in my life.

The two doctors that diagnosed me (had the second one because my mom only believes what her doctor says) said that one only gets inflicted with herpes zoster or shingles are those over 50 or those who have a poor immune system. I was given, together with the antivirus, some Vitamin B-complex tabs. I definitely can cancel out the first one, but the last???

In this household of ours, it's only me who gets into some form of exercise. Ang mga tao dito sa bahay, kung hindi nagtatrabaho, kumakain ng marami at natutulog. I consider myself very fit if they are deemed the status quo. In terms of good eating habits, well, ang uso dito kumain pag oras ng pagkain kahit hindi gutom, tatayo lang pag busog na busog, at hindi titigil ngumuya ng mga pantawid-gutom (kahit hindi gutom) hanggang maubos.

What could be the reason, then? I control my food intake, I exercise regularly. What was I missing? Peejo knew the answer right away. It's sleep. As much as I deny it, I only get as much as 6 hours a day with my early teaching hours and my blog and Internet addiction at night. I may have avoided night-outs for a considerable time already, but what about the lifestyle I led years ago where I didn't give prioirity for sleep and rest? Its repercussions may already be catching up with me, in a form of medical condition that I just cannot set aside.

How about you? What have you been lacking so far? Don't wait until you get rashes like mine before you take action. Not only they're ugly, the pain can get really nasty.

No comments: