Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Memory gap

We learn a new dance, about 5 sets of 8 counts and I'm fine. But when Neil says we practice the previous one, I'd always go, "Pano ulit yon?" They had to show me the first few steps. Then I can follow. Cool down time and he'll make us dance the new one again, and still I go, "Ummm pano nga ulit?"

Friends would ask me if I've seen this movie and that movie but when they ask me details about it (much more dialogues) and my mind goes blank. If I don't discuss a movie that I just watched with someone, I won't remember it at all, unless I watch it again.

In class, I have to look at the teacher and position myself in front if I really do want to listen and spend my tuition wisely, and I have to replay what transpired during that hour for me to retain what has been discussed. If I didn't care or if I lacked sleep, you'd see me munching on something in the far corner of the room.

Sometimes it bothers me how forgetful I can be. I mean, I'm only 28 and sometimes my mom remembers things and events far better than me! Sheesh. Peejo says I'm just thinking about tons of things all at the same time, leaving me with no room for new information. But sometimes it surprises me how I remember the smallest detail of irrelevant things. Looks like Alzheimer's gonna get me later on.

No comments: