Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

6w0d 0.34cm 06-27-2012

...all in all, that sums up my story for today.

I didn't plan on getting a transvaginal ultrasound until Peejo told me LPDH's schedule. I was just at home making my unit designs. Thankfully my parents were still at home but preparing to meet up with friends in a few hours. I'm so glad they obliged to come with me.

Sucks that my Medicard proves to be useless apart from consultations. I've even doubtful if OB consultations are still included. I paid Php 1260 for it. Too bad I missed the 15% discount they offered the whole of October. Anyway, I find TVUs uncomfortable, and I keep imagining my muscles down there might contract and the sonologist might be unable to take out the instrument!

And so the doctor came and veered the stick in all directions. After a few minutes she adjusted the screen for me to see. She showed me this pea-sized white thing surrounded by a translucent film inside a black circle. Amazing. She said it was 0.34cm big and "it" is estimated to come out on June 27 because I'm on my 6th week already. Wow. My counting was quite accurate after all!

I think I got a wee bit teary-eyed seeing my baby, especially listening to his/her heartbeat for the first time! Unbelievable that there is a living being inside me! This is what I've always dreamed of and now it's here! The sonologist said that it has a slow heartbeat as expected during this early stage although some fetuses tend to have faster heartbeats at this time. Anyhoo, I just made sure that it is where it's supposed to be (in my uterus) and I'm fine with it!

It's interesting to note that the ETA is June 27, the feast of the Mother of Perpetual Help, and it's funny that my mom and Peejo's mom texted me that around the same time! I hope and pray this will be an easy pregnancy for me and a healthy baby from now on :)

No comments: