Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

5 weeks

So it's been a while since I last blogged. So many things have happened since July 2010 - Peejo and I got married, we started living in their condo and now... we're 5 weeks pregnant! I went back to blogging in the hopes of documenting everything for the wedding, but I never even got past signing up with our photographer! Now I thought of going back because yesterday I watched Julie and Julia on HBO and it somehow got me excited to go blogging again.

We're here at Peejo's house in Alabang for the Halloween Trick or Treat party tonight. We just ate lunch (a hefty one at that tsk tsk) including a big slice of Polly's chocolate cake. We're now watching The Other Guys on HBO and I'm researching about facial moisturizers for pregnant women. It sucks that I could no longer use Pond's Age Miracle Day Creams because of its retinol content. It's interesting to know how much I'm learning with my condition. For everyone not in the know, too much vitamin A and its derivatives (including retinol) can unharm the unborn baby. I also learned that I'm 5 weeks pregnant thanks to http://www.babycenter.com. It said that conception is about two weeks since the first day of the LMP (last menstruation period). So it must've been around Sept 22 if Sept 8 is my LMP. Counting from that it's been 5 weeks already. Mom also said that since I missed a period already this one is at least a month old inside me. It's amazing to know that the baby is complete already and that it just needs to grow inside me.

I'm not really worried about things, Peejo is actually more worried than me! Anyway, I'm due for urinalysis, blood test and transvaginal ultrasound. Urinalysis because I feel a bit of pain in my lower abs. Aside from being big, it's actually more of numbness or a very mild dysmenorrhea. Or maybe I'm just imagining things hehehe. I hope I don't have UTI and this is not anywhere near something serious like an ectopic pregnancy. Let's see if my count is correct.

No comments: