Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

On getting hitched

I'm getting married sometime June 2011.

We wanted a weekend nearest to our 3rd anniversary, which is June 18. Should I consider it as a spur-of-the-moment thing? Hmmm. Maybe not. Although I'm getting stressed as if it is.

I knew we didn't have that kind of money for the usual grand wedding, but I guess it couldn't be helped to make it similar to the past weddings I've attended. That was why I cried while I was talking on the phone with him. It was indeed painful to think that it looks like I'm being short-changed with everything, but then again, we need to ask for more financial support when we finally take the first steps to migration to New Zealand. I need to make sure that we'll have the money to leave and fend for ourselves when we get there.

Now I'm trying to adapt to this realization. The number one goal is of course to be able to find a job and migrate. Of course that entails with a lot of preparations and spending, such as the IELTS exam, for one. This wedding will just be a stepping stone to the realization to that goal, as our parents pushes us to do "what is right" as if we'll never get to heaven if we don't. Well, that's another story. I of course want to have a nice wedding where all my friends are there, but he promises me there will be a second time around. And I resolve to work on that, too.

I learned that it all depends on the mind and your perspective. It will not help if I keep thinking I'm unlucky or getting the short end of the deal here, because I'm not. I have a wonderful fiance who loves me very much but he cannot afford to spend for a wedding now. It was pretty annoying talking to him this afternoon but I get it now. Now I don't feel so bad. I know I could work around with our small budget by stretching our imagination and creativity for the next few months.

No comments: