Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Boracay in July



Peejo doesn't like it when I stay up late to go Facebooking or blogging, but since he already bade me goodnight and he doesn't go on Multiply... I think I'm safe. Haha. It's been a while and I kinda missed it, and I have a lot on my mind lately, so maybe I ought to be given credit and try to unload my thoughts a little bit.

This is just one of the many breathtaking views I captured from my window seat aboard the PAL Express to Boracay last Thursday. I didn't tell people I'd be going back to the island for the second time this year, my boss even forgot I filed for a leave to accompany my balikbayan relatives to their first ever trip to a Philippine beach (I insisted that they visit places other than malls). Anyway, I wasn't really expecting a fantastic vacation because I had my period to begin with (boohoo), but I welcomed the change in environment because I had been sick since the week before and I felt that things weren't going well for me at that time.

When in doubt about God's presence, go ride a plane. The islands down below that are outlined in white and surrounded by blue and the white puffy clouds just like these can only lead you to believe that there really is an omniscient being responsible for all these beautiful things. A sore throat has been bugging me for almost two weeks, my patience was wearing thin with the kids at school, and I felt I was losing my touch in terms of work, and it led me to dread waking up in the mornings. That getaway came right on time, just when I needed it.



The waters were rough on White Beach, it was drizzling/raining all the time, I was cold and the clothes I brought were all beach wear, my cough was still there, and I was feeling fat. I thought the only redeeming moment was when I ordered a 7-cheese pizza with bacon and pesto all for myself. I got stranded in the restaurant and ate half of it, only to find out it wasn't as good as it once tasted. Sigh.

But I guess any kind of seascape have calming effects on everyone. It was a treat walking barefoot along the beach and seeing the nearby island get all fogged up from a distance. It's not so bad after all. I figured that the kids are still going to be as many and as rowdy as the last time, that work will still pile up, that I will still get confused or rattled along the way, but it's up to me to do something about it. Should I wallow in frustration or accept and make the most out of it? In the end, it's just going to entail a change of perspective.

I hopped on the plane ride home with the giddiness of a schoolgirl, missing Peejo and getting myself all wound up to face the traffic, the noise, the busy-ness of the coming week. Note to self: Steer clear of Bora from July onwards, you'll spend the rest of your vacation holed up in your hotel room, freezing your ass off.

No comments: