Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fish and steak, wine and poker

Peejo invited me to spend the night at their house in Tagaytay with Joanne, Cla, Otet and Raj. It was supposed to be Raj's first EK trip but we backed out when we saw the long lines at the ticket booths and the warning that said: "FYI: Average queue time for major rides is 2 hours." We drove up to their house but not until we bought some meat and fish and some other ingredients for dinner.

Peejo baked the fish, Joanne made its cheese sauce, Cla and Otet grilled some steaks. Me? Helped out a little bit with the cheese sauce and mashed potatoes. Alam mo naman ako, walang alam sa pagluluto. Anyway it was a fantasic dinner that probably added an inch to our waistlines. It was really breezy up in Royal Tagaytay, and we tried to warm ourselves with wine.

And it was time for poker! Sulit na sulit ang chips set sa mga newbies except Peejo. I was also playing a counting game with Raj with the dice. I eventually learned what check, call, raise, fold, burn, flop, turn and river meant and was able to win some games. I discovered that I'm far from being a risk-taker, hence I had to buy-in twice for the whole night. There were times I cringed because I folded too early in the game, or I should've put my chips all in, or I wasn't brave enough to call their bluff. But all's well that ends well, we packed up at 1am with the feeling that I shall be back to wreak havoc on the table!

No comments: