Bouts of inspiration just come from the most unexpected of circumstances!

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Seeing red (and pink)

Chef's Avenue of Festival Mall was lined with so much red and pink balloons that it was almost suffocating. There was even a pink grand piano in the middle. Overkill na pare! The lights of the restos were dimmed and I'm sure the patrons were having a hard time picking on their food on candlelit tables. I myself was stuffed with candy and cake care of Ashley, Aina and Alexi (wow 3 A's!), not so good food from Molokai's (I think the crispy noodles were swimming in a bottle of oyster sauce) and a heavenly big belgian cone of Hazelnut ice cream from Theobroma (super thanks to Gnet). However that didn't stop me from wolfing a piece of chicken wing and rice submerged in sotanghon soup (yummy!) as I turned on the TV for the final leg of The Amazing Race Asia season 2. Dancing to Britney's "Piece of Me" like twenty times over brought about an appetite of a construction worker, I have to say. Just had to restrain myself, sayang naman ang workout kanina hahaha.

Anyhoo I really felt bad lang that Marc and Rovilson ended up in 3rd place. For a while there I hated anything Singaporean but in fairness, they already won so much. What I can't forget was the South African trip! I heard they got free Caltex gas for a year, prize money from Standard Chartered and heaps of Sony products (was a Bravia included?!) from being the first to arrive at the pitstop for how many times.

So how was the supposed dreadful V-Day, you may ask? Well, for one, I was touched that Brennan finally gave in to kissing me on the cheek! Usually he'll just bring his cheek close enough for me to kiss him hahaha. I hope it's not just because it's Valentine's day. I've never received that much hugs and kisses from kids kanina! I almost fell off my chair (I think I really did) when they all wanted to sit on my lap to make lambing. What a riot! Sana they are all mine na lang hahaha!

As for having a date or a boyfriend or whatever... well... if I did have one I wouldn't be telling you about Marc and Rovilson, would I? If I was pathetic enough to prioritize such whims, I could have had someone bring me gifts today. Baka nga 1 month na kami LOL! :) Yun nga lang, I'm not built for that kind, and I don't think I'll ever be. I guess I also feel too old to play any more games. Sadly, those prized catches are engulfed by the volume of those who want to play some more...


Well, enough of that. It has been a good day in general, in fairness. So let's just leave it at that hehehehe...

No comments: